Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Cardigans

So in Texas we don't have spring but for a day or two in between the beginning days of summer. But I find myself in this weird season right now- it is nice and cool in the mornings but on the warm side in the afternoons. So while looking through my girls' closets for dresses to wear in the coming weeks for Church, Easter, and a Dedication at church I realized how many of their dresses are sleeveless. These work well for summer but dresses with at least short sleeves would be better in the cooler weather especially in the mornings. So I thought I would make up a couple of quick short sleeved cardigans... and I am SO pleased with how they came out!!


I think that the ruffle really adds to the cardigans and makes it a little dressier for special occasions.
They were really quick and easy (I finished both of them in about an hour). I just traced one of their t-shirts for the sizing. I lined the entire jacket with a thin knit so that all the seams are hiden and the ruffle stands up correctly.
They worked great for this weekend's Easter Egg Hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment