Sunday, June 26, 2011

Baby Gift- Blanket & Nursery Name Art

Personalized Hankerchief Baby Blanket

Personalized Nursery Name Art

Ok, so my husband's cousin had a baby this last week. I had already painted a nursery name art work, click here to see the post, but they changed their mind on the baby's name at the last minute and I had to start again. I used the tutorial from Lil Blue Boo for the idea and here's how my second one came out:

Personalized Hankerchief Baby Blanket



Since the nursery theme is cowboy I tried to incorporate the theme into not only the name art but also a baby blanket. I used navy blue fleece on one side and a light weight, soft, quilters denim for the other side. I embroidered the name and appliqued a "J" on to the denim before sewing the fleece and denim together so it can't be seen on the underside.

Personalized Hankerchief Baby Blanket

Next I took a bandanna and cut it into strips.

Personalized Hankerchief Baby Blanket

I took these strips and folding the raw edges under, sewed a border around the blanket.

Personalized Hankerchief Baby Blanket
Personilized Nursery Name Art

No comments:

Post a Comment