Thursday, January 26, 2012

Brown and Pink Butterfly and Flower Mural


I painted another plywood mural this time for my daughters room. Here is the post of my other huge plywood paintings: Damask Painting.  My daughter Jaden's room is painted a brownish/pink (I think the color was called Hot Coco but I swear it is pink, just not nauseatingly pink) she has a huge blank wall behind her bed. I wanted to paint a mural on it but I know how many coats of paint and primer that you need to apply to cover up a old mural and it will be much easier to change when she gets tired of butterflies.

 I cut a thin piece of plywood 3 feet by 6 feet and drew out a design onto the board with pencil.


Next you paint the background of the board. You might need to redraw some of your lines. I just used acrylic paint that you can find anywhere, even Wal-Mart.


Next you paint the design. It is easier if you have a solid color background so if you make a mistake you can easily cover it up, so if you have a gradient background be extra careful because it is really hard to fix a mistake.



And there you have it! A huge painted mural, cheaper than a huge canvas painting and easier to change out than a wall mural.



I would include a photo of her room except in true Jaden fashion it looks like a tornado fit it today.
Hope you all are having a great day!



3 comments:

  1. Alright, I have looked all over your blog and I think you are amazingly talented and I am totally jealous! I am pinning your stuff like crazy! Thank you for the inspiration!
    Connie
    familyeternally@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessie,
    Thank you so much. I have been struggling on Google to find the right match for daughters room.This is exactly what I was looking for and with own personal touch.

    Thanks,
    A very happy mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you be interested in selling one of these??

    ReplyDelete